Contact me for VO Bookings and Speaking Engagements: [email protected]
How to Unmask your Message
1. Project and articulate – Think of yourself as the theater actor, everything is a little bit bigger. project like you’re reaching the back row of a theater, articulating what you’re wanting to say, over enunciate. We don’t have the luxury of mumbling with a mask on!
2. Use your facial and body language – the eyes are the window to the soul – utilize hands and eyes to accentuate what you can’t see below the mask. Gesticulating – jazz hands, engage your whole body, it’s the theater.
3. Consolidate your words – Shorten your sentences if you know you’re someone who likes to talk a lot. Be intentional and take a breath before you speak and conserve your energy.
4. Intentionalize the tone – This is the real joy of giving great voice – expressing ourselves in a more intentional way, if we want someone to know we are really glad to see them, we’re going Add More smile, more brightness. Which they will hear and also brighten our eyes, when we smile brighter our eyes smile too and that works in tandom.
5. Your mask can express your personality – Now a days there are million masks you can choose from, which is cool! There’s an aspect to wearing a mask that’s intimidating. We’re always sizing people up because we can’t see their whole face. But having some humor in your mask choice can help disarm others and show that you’re trustworthy, warm, safe and can create more connection. This can also be a conversation starter!
EMMY-Winning Voice-Over Artist, TEDx Talk Speaker and one of the TOP FEMALE VOICEOVER TALENTS for over 25 years
Tasia recently won an EMMY Award for her voiceover work on the PSA campaign for The Wild Animal Sanctuary. She has also recently given a remarkable TEDx Talk on the power of our vocal tone and intent. Her passion and her platform is to "Give Great Voice" and she is known for her range and versatility. In addition to voicing commercials, narration, promos, imaging, and political spots, Tasia is best known for voicing some of the most iconic female characters in video games and animated television shows, such as as the seductress Poison Ivy in the Batman: Arkham Series, Jedi Shaak Ti in Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Sniper Wolf in the fan favorite Metal Gear Solid games, Ultimecia in the Dissidia Final Fantasy series as well as many other acclaimed credits. Her latest series is Star Wars Resistance.
Tasia's playful, fun energy, combined with her years of voiceover and acting experience, as well as her collaborative spirit, make her a triple threat! Her voice can be described as conversational, warm, upbeat and persuasive! Tasia also offers private voice coaching and co-founded the Haven meditation app. She believes wholeheartedly in the power of voice and its relevance in today’s world. Read More . . .
Video is the new audio! Click below for video and audio demos showcasing Tasia’s acting background as well as the animated projects featuring her versatile voice. Enjoy!
Tasia recently combined her love of her work and passion for wanting to help and inspire others to establish Give Great Voice, a fun, interactive coaching platform that instills confidence in both actors and non-actors. Her presentation empowers communication skills and motivates students to find their own unique voice. Tasia‘s program is now available for speaking engagements, workshops, and one-on-one coaching sessions, and is quickly gaining traction and creating a following. Tasia also believes in the benefits of meditation. In the spirit of giving back, she has co-created and voiced the free Haven Affirmation Mediation app, available free of charge in the App Store and Google Play.
Connect with Tasia
Bookings or questions? Please send a message and I will reply promptly during business hours!